my life

Monday, October 18, 2004

Joy Luck Club

Just finished Amy Tan’s `The Joy Luck Club’, at 4 in the morning. Got an indescribable feeling in side my mind. Really don’t know how to explain it, just felt that me too have lost the Chinese roots, the Chinese tradition, even though the 2nd generation in the book was born in America, and I’m a Malaysian. It’s not that I don’t love this country, but I do wonder how our ancestors have come so far away to find a better life other than their home land, and how hard must be for them. I have so much fun reading this, and it really made me think how am I going to relate my Chinese roots to my children one day. (if I ever going to get marry, haha) How is it like to be a Chinese but you don’t know the language? I pity those who think that their traditions are inferior to those of the western. We should keep our roots. Through the language you can get to know the beauty of our tradition. Think I should dig out all my `ming ju jing hua’, try to learn back how to write mandarin characters! I’ve forgotten a lot of it, though I still can read, but am not able to write those hard words. When you seldom use it, it’s just not as good as it use to be. The same goes to my mandarin!

Got myself a blue chair pad just now, to cover the spoilt chair that always cut into my butt. It's in blue, with some fish printing. Will take some time off to watch `Shark's Tale'. Think it will be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home