my life

Sunday, October 24, 2004

My comp broke down

It’s been a few days I can online, my comp broke down! Even my mouse is not functioning! So bad luck. It’s like, one day the mouse start to behave strangely, it kept moving to the upper left side, I thought it’s some infection, I scan. Then the comp started to behave strangely, restarting in the middle of something. Sigh, the comp actually have some system corruption, I install the original set of cds also can’t solve the problem. I just try to fix it, I hope I won’t spoil anything. If I did, think I’ll just send it back to the store. All this is driving me crazy! and i need to register for me secong semester's course in monday! if i can't fix it, i need to go back to uni to do it, which is so troublesome. (in the mean time, I think I need to get a new mouse. The temporary one is driving me nuts!)

All these makes me wonder. I do rely a lot on my comp, it’s like I think I can’t survive a day without touching it, without logging on to msn messenger. Will someday the computers control humans? Like some of the sci-fi movies that we watch? I-Robot perhaps? When in the future robots and computer rulez! I just hope I won’t live long enough to see that day. Imagine everything you do is directed by the computer. It is recommended that you do this, (sound familiar? Just have a look at our antivirus software and our service pack 2) it is not recommended that you do that…… think that’s not freedom for what I can see. What will happen? I think by that time humans will be too lazy to think for themselves, coz everything is `recommended’ for them to do. They can just solve problems by a click away. I can’t say I don’t want to use computers, it’s just that it’s too convenient, then one day we might get too comfortable with it and let it do everything. Might be in the future humans are too lazy to find their partner to breed, and the comp will find the suitable partner base on their genetic habitability.

The thing I want to point out is: It’s just SO HARD to survive one day without my computer!

1 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Blogger Denise said...

I cannot cannot let my comp breaks down...

The last time my comp broke down, I troubleshoot it within a night and went to KL for a new motherboard. Too avoid HDD prob, I have two HDD - Maxtor and WD(Maxtor sucks!!!Dont buy it!)... and I have two OS - XP and Linux.

Well, I work more than 20 hours a day in front of my comp...Without it, I dun think I can survive more than a week.

Not really have any choice...Engineering stud, hell, my PC is my second bf!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home