my life

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Chinese or English educated?

Yesterday when I was having lunch with my friends, they mentioned that I do not quite look like a Chinese educated kind of a person. I do not know what to think. They’re not the first to say like this, and I just don’t know why. Do I not look like a Chinese? Or is it my mandarin is so lousy? I seldom speak English in front of them, and yet they thought I’m from and English educated school. Another friend of mine was so surprise one day that when I speak mandarin, she just stare at me for a few seconds and exclaim: `you know Chinese gah?’ YES! I know mandarin! And I know how to read and write mandarin! I also know who’s is Li Bai, Du Pu, and all those Chinese poets, coz I need to memorize ming ju jing hua when I’m in secondary school. Haha. I just don’t understand, do I look different? Or is it just the way I talk is defferent from them? Maybe it’s because I seldom use mandarin, and all the while I talk Cantonese.

I was in the lab these few days, morning till evening. And I just noticed that I did quite a lot for my project, usually others final year projects are not that long. A senior do said that it’s because we did very fast. I will just say that it’s pure luck, that every time that we do the experiment, it’s successful, while the other 3 is not. It’s just pure luck that all the equipment work when we need them, just plain luck. Although I really do a lot of work, but I also learn a lot more. Basically, me and my mate have done some part of the project next year’s batch. Ah well, learn some more is better. And I do hope I can stay there a little longer, just to learn something new.

Lucas commented to me personally that a blog is just so weird. It’s like a diary, but let everybody read. And he laughs at me coz I have so little comments! He’s so mean! And to you Lucas if you’re reading this, help a bit, give comments!

1 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~SY aka Siew Yee aka geekchic
Wye Meng, found your blog through Sze-Lyn. Don't know if you remember me but I know your sister quite well-Wye Yee and I think you know my sister quite well too :) More details, get from Ms. Poh ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home